Friday, February 12, 2016

"Art Heart" Free Pattern - My Valentine to You

Greetings from Alive at Eddyville & Happy Pre-Valentine's Day, 

I recently spent a week in Arizona with my good friend, Barbara Rutherford. We pampered ourselves with good food, drink, and several field trips, including the fabulous SAS fabric store, IKEA (my first time!), Queen Creek Olive Mill and a short jaunt to Tucson to explore various Bead and Gem Shows - but mostly to catch up with friends. 



I have always loved bugle beads. In between excursions, we also found some time to bead creative. When I came up with a really simple, fast and fun Art Heart - I thought I would share it as my Valentine gift to you. 


These ladder stitch Art Hearts take 30-60 minutes to make, depending on your skill level. You can make it with, or without, the picot edging. It may be a little late to make any for this Valentine's Day, but you can always get a jump start on next year. 

The Art Heart pattern can be downloaded from my website stephanieeddy.com, just click the photo or type in http://www.stephanieeddy.com/id77.html








I thought it would be fun to add an Art Heart to a bead embroidery project. It's been some time since I last beaded and it took quite a few trials, errors and cussing to get it finished - but I persevered and managed to make a pin.  
























I'm anxious to see what you can make with the "Art Heart" pattern. Please post your creations here on my blog and/or the Alive at Eddyville Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Stephanie-Eddy-Alive-at-Eddyville-Lazee-Daizee-Viking-Knit-140777065984434/?fref=ts



Be sure to subscribe to my blog for updates and stay tuned to "Alive at Eddyville" for more fun videos and 
free instructions...
Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful composition as usual. I love your designs, and am still using my Lazee Daizee when I want something out of the normal necklace, componet, etc. Looking forward to more blogs. Eva

    ReplyDelete