Monday, August 29, 2016

Eddyville Summer of 2016 - Creativity Abounds

Eddyville Summer of 2016 -
Yes, it's been quite a while since my last update.
I took most of 2016 off to regroup, meaning, no vendor shows or classes.

I needed to set aside some time to work on other projects and new ideas.

Starting last summer, I've been playing with a 7-stand braiding technique, aka the "Fill the Gap" technique. It is similar to Kumihimo in that cording, or in my case, cording AND wire, is braided using a foam disk. I have found this 7-stand braiding technique easy and very creative.

Kudos to my friend Barbara Rutherford for sharing the technique with me.


Spiral Nova


I recently shared my ideas and kit projects on JTV's Jewel School and the response was overwhelming. All of the new kits sold out before the end of the show.


The Spiral Nova project kit is made with polyester cording. What's NEW and DIFFERENT is that I made a 7-braid stand-alone pendant that goes with the necklace and bracelet.


I also did something a little different with 7-stand braiding and used wire to create individual Wired Bead Clusters (beaded beads). I have not seen anything like this before.


Wired Bead Clusters

I also developed another use for the Lazee Daizee Viking Knit tool using 1mm leather cord instead of wire. It's easier to learn and faster than the wire process. Leather can be used with both the 1/4" and 1/2" LD tools. No draw plate needed.






I expect I will have kits available for the above projects soon. If this may be of interest to you, send me an email and I will let you know when kits are ready for both the 7-stand braid and Viking Knit with leather. Email: kitsforsale@stephanieeddy.com

There are also 2 new videos related to the above techniques. You can access them from my website StephanieEddy.com or on YouTube:

VK Leather https://youtu.be/r5SmeQj8vb4 

7-Strand Braiding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApR59x43Ko


Thanks for tuning in. Stephanie













1 comment: